- We are looking for your responses.
- We need to know if you agree on not.
- We would really appreciate your feedback on this.
Consumer Ally has teamed up with GoodGuide, whose experts have rated more than 65,000 consumer goods -- including food, toys, personal care and household products -- using factors that include concern for the environment, personal health and social responsibility, as consumers begin increasingly to consider those in addition to price.GoodGuide's ratings also include a brief explanation for each category, though the user can drill down into each score for more detail. The health score measures a product's potential health impact on consumers. The environment score is based on the impact of the product in question and the company's overall policies and practices. The society score evaluates social impact, which can include treatment of workers, workplace diversity, community involvement and corporate ethics.
As we wrote about on Friday, pet food is easily the most requested item by GoodGuide users, and the full ratings were published today, including methodology. Because GoodGuide rated both dry and wet food for cats and dogs, we've decided to publish two separate articles. You can read about the cat food ratings below, and the dog food ratings here.
GoodGuide rated 271 dry cat food products, which also included useful information for consumers on dry cat food. Below are its top-five best and worst products. In order to avoid repetition of a particular brand (Science Diet accounts for the top 19 dry cat foods, while Purina makes 9 of the 10 worst), we've skipped ahead to the next best or worst brand.
The Best Dry Cat Food
- Science Diet Mature Adult Indoor (7.4)
- Evo Weight Management, 15.4 Lb (7.2)
- Eukanuba Adult Cat Lamb & Rice Formula (7.1)
- Innova Cat and Kitten Dry Cat and Kitten Food, 15 Lb (7.0)
- California Natural Herring & Sweet Potato Adult Dry Cat (6.8)
- Nutro Natural Choice Indoor Adult Formula, 7 Lb. (5.9)
- Natural Balance Original Ultra Ultra Premium Dry Cat Food (5.7)
- Whiskas Purrfectly with Chicken (5.7)
- Purina Deli Cat Cat Food (5.3)
- Friskies Grillers' Blend (5.3)
GoodGuide also rated 364 wet cat food products, which also includes useful information on wet cat food. Below are its top-five best and worst products. In order to avoid repetition of a particular brand, we've skipped ahead to the next best or worst brand.
The Best Wet Cat Food
- Science Diet Adult Optimal Care Gourmet Turkey Entree Minced (7.3)
- Innova Kitten Flex Chicken & Brown Rice Stew, 13.2 Oz (7.3)
- Evo 95% Chicken & Turkey, 13.2 Ounce (6.7)
- Purina Pro Plan Tuna Entree (6.5)
- Wellness Complete Health Chicken & Herring (6.5)
- Purina Pro Plan White Meat Chicken & Vegetable Entree In Gravy (5.5)
- Special Kitty Select Gourmet Cat Food Ocean Whitefish & Tuna Entree (5.3)
- Friskies Classic Pate Salmon Dinner (5.3)
- Fancy Feast Yellowfin Tuna Primavera In A Classic Sauce with Garden Veggies and Greens (5.3)
- 9Lives Chicken & Tuna Dinner (5.1)